Saturn, the second largest planets in our solar system is yellowish in color and is named after Saturnus, a Roman God of harvest and agriculture. It is also the third Brightest Planet in sky at Night. Lets checkout some interesting facts about this Planet "Saturn".
Interesting Facts of Saturn :-
- It is assumed that Saturn’s rings will disappear one day. They will either dissolve into space or get sucked into the planet by its pull of gravity.
- Rings are the beauty of Saturn, and can be seen even with a small telescope, though, it would show only three rings. A larger telescope is required to enable us to see all the rings more clearly. The rings of Saturn are around 150,000 miles in diameter and are made up of small pieces of rock, ice and dust.
- Due to fast rotation on its axis, Saturn is flattened at the poles.
- Saturn is the least dense among all known planets; having a weight of 0.687 g/cm, which is in fact even lighter than water. It means that it would float, if placed in a water body of a size bigger than itself.
- Saturn has 60 known moons, and there are many more yet to be discovered. Titan is the largest of Saturn's moons, and is larger than Mercury and Pluto. Titan is also the second largest moon in the solar system.